Supplements for menopause for some women are a real discovery and the only salvation in the difficult period of body restructuring. If the process proceeds gradually, there are no special health problems. However, for most women, menopause is accompanied by a deterioration in well-being both on a physical and emotional level. Most of the problems are solved with the help of hormonal drugs, however, it is rather difficult to predict the result of their intake. Doctors only have assumptions that a particular medication can improve the condition. It’s no secret that women are simply afraid to take hormones. Menopause supplements are the only way out of a difficult situation.
Best Supplements For Menopause. What They Do
The action of menopause supplements is aimed at restoring:
- hormonal regulation;
- natural genital microflora;
- genital blood supply;
- tissue regeneration (restoration);
- ovarian activity;
- decreased excitability of the nervous system;
- reduction in the number and strength of hot flashes, headaches, irritability;
- elimination of spasmodic pains, insomnia;
- increased resistance to infections.
With the onset of menopause, zinc, selenium, iodine, silicon, manganese, chromium, copper becomes the first need of a woman’s body. They help cope with fatigue, increase resistance to stress, and to avoid all sorts of ailments that are considered indispensable for menopause and inevitable companions of old age.
Inevitable Supplements For Menopause
Top 10 menopause supplements should include the following elements:
- Zinc is needed for the synthesis of sex hormones, the absorption of proteins and vitamins, the production of insulin by the pancreas, tissue renewal. It protects the skin and mucous membranes from drying out, bones from thinning, tissues and organs from inflammation, intoxication, degradation, and the formation of tumors.
- The heart needs selenium, without it, dystrophy develops in the heart muscle, the heart rhythm (arrhythmia) is disturbed. Supplements for menopause with it protect the walls of blood vessels from inflammation (sclerosis, stenosis, ischemia). The liver needs selenium to neutralize toxins, the eyes to be protected against cataracts, the mammary glands – from cancer.
- The thyroid gland needs iodine to produce hormones, with the help of which it controls metabolism, cardiac and respiratory activity. Iodine deficiency leads to an increase in overweight, constipation, edema, intoxication, increased pressure.
- Silicon is needed by blood vessels, its deficiency makes them hard. In this case, blood vessels cannot quickly respond to changes in blood flow strength and this causes blood pressure rise. With a deficiency of silicon, calcium settles on the vascular walls, which causes atherosclerosis. In turn, this leads to a violation of the blood supply, especially of the heart and brain. To avoid that, a patient has to take menopause supplements with this element.
- Manganese, chromium, and copper are needed by the ovaries to produce female sex hormones. Their deficiency leads to hormonal imbalance, which causes a delay in menstruation, a shift in the menstrual cycle, early menopause. Manganese and chromium in the composition of the best menopause supplements support the body tone, physical activity, stable weight. With a deficiency of manganese and chromium, the breakdown and absorption of fats and carbohydrates are disrupted, the risk of diabetes, fatty hepatosis, skin pigmentation increases, weight increases.
Copper has an anti-inflammatory effect, inhibits the growth of pathogenic bacteria, it maintains the elasticity and smoothness of the skin, it is necessary for blood vessels and blood strength to synthesize hemoglobin, which is especially important in heavy uterine bleeding because it prevents the development of anemia.
The supplements for menopause joint pain complex includes plant ingredients that have estrogen properties. Phytoestrogens are safe and no less effective than hormonal medicines. At the same time, unlike hormone replacement therapy (HRT) drugs, they do not cause side effects – weight gain, the risk of tumors, and breast cancer.
Why Supplements For Menopause Are Important?
The reception of the menopause supplements complex allows you to warn:
- premature degradation of the gonads (early menopause);
- excessive menstrual bleeding;
- autoimmune diseases;
- the formation of tumors and cysts of the breast, thyroid gland, etc.;
- inflammation of the mucous urogenital tract, urinary incontinence;
- diseases that worsen during menopause: heart disease (IHD, cardiopathy, arrhythmia) and blood vessels (stroke, heart attack);
- bone fragility, joint pain, osteochondrosis of the spine;
- weight gain, edema;
A wide variety of menopause supplements products, on the one hand, is pleasing, on the other – it is confusing since it is difficult to make a choice. Almost all of them have the same effect on the female body. However, according to reviews, one remedy helps, another does not, the third causes an allergic reaction in the form of skin rashes, redness, tearing, itching. For these reasons, you should consult a specialist for advice. This is mandatory and not negotiable. Supplements for menopause are harmless, of course, but it may happen that in your individual case they can do more harm than good because of the drugs that you already take.