Instagram can be a tough nut to crack. Most people choose the easy way and invest loads of money on advertisements and buying fake followers. These methods can give you an instant boost but eventually harm you than doing any good.
Hence, today, we’ll discuss 7 ways to help you nail your organic growth on Instagram.
Let’s get started…
Identify your audience
Identifying your audience is the first step in growing a social presence.
Platforms like Instagram host billions of users, each with a different interest, which makes it more important to filter out the right audience for your brand.
By doing this, you can target people interested in your niche and hence receive engagement.
Here’s how you can find your audience:
- Search for famous influencers in your industry and go through their followers.
- You can also search for relevant hashtags and find out people using or following those hashtags.
Post the right content
Content plays a critical role in organic growth. Think about it, you post your content on Instagram and if people love it; they support and engage with it.
This results in more followers and growth.
Let’s discuss some content types that receive massive engagement:
- Video posts perform better than images and text posts.
- Use only high-quality images and videos.
- Create question posts and ask people to reply by commenting.
- Share tips of the day, week or month.
- Post “How-to” guides and quotes.
- Take advantage of “Before & After” images and carousel posts.
- Post user-generated content to build trust among the followers.
While it’s important to experiment with different content, you shouldn’t overuse any of them and always try to maintain a balance.
Pro-tip: Tag relevant accounts and locations in your posts.
Write compelling captions
Most people don’t stress on creating compelling captions.
This’s a huge mistake because good captions complete your post. They’re a great way to tell your story and help include important details about the post.
Here’re some tips to create compelling captions:
- Keep it short and if possible, include your target keyword.
- Use line breaks to keep it readable
- Use emojis and different fonts that match your brand’s personality.
- If your caption is long, then highlight all the call-to-actions.
- Use relevant hashtags (not over 12 per post)
Consistency is key to your Instagram success.
In fact: People who post 6-7 times a week, end up with more followers.
Why does this happen?
Instagram is like a library. Billions of people post every day, which means you’ll never run out of content. Hence, if you want people to notice your content, you have to feed them regularly. It takes little to no time for people to forget that you exist.
Also, by posting consistently you can build trust and attract regular engagement.
Upload at the right time
Would you see my post when you’re offline? Obviously, not. And by the time you’re online, my post would be lost among hundreds of others in your feed.
This is why you should post when your followers are online.
You can estimate the right time by analysing your Instagram metrics. This’ll tell you when your audience is most active on the platform.
Engage with your audience
The more you engage with your followers, the more popular you become.
This’ll tell people you’re serious about them and active on the platform.
By engaging with your audience, you can make them feel cared for and loved.
Here’re some tips to help you engage with your audience:
- Reply to every comment you receive.
- Post at least 6-7 IG stories daily.
- Host live sessions and arrange giveaways.
- Reward loyal fans by following them.
- Post entertaining videos using reels.
- Ask your followers how they are?, what they like about your brand? And how you can help them?
- Host “Q & A’s” to let your fans ask you questions.
Collaborate with influencers
Influencers are people who have gained huge fan following over years of sharing content and engaging with people.
Hence, collaborating with them helps you expose your brand in front of new audiences.
Here’s how you can do this:
- First do your market research and identify the influencers best suited for your brand.
- Engage with their content, tag them in relevant posts and give them a shout-out.
- Then reach out with an offer that provides them value.
There you have it, 7 ways to nail organic growth on Instagram.
By creating quality content, engaging with your audience and collaborating with influencers, you can generate massive organic growth.